Translate

Thursday 18 July 2013

Business Clothing

Welcome back!

This summer I have been stressing out over putting together a professional wardrobe. I am currently a fourth year BBA in Accounting student trying to secure a place to article for fall 2014. For school, my business clothes consist primarily of Forever 21 finds. I know, not office appropriate by any means. Better suited for a night out on the town. This summer I have made it my mission to purchase appropriate business clothing.

What I have found is that the fit of the garment is critical. However, quality tailored pieces do not come cheap! This summer I found a great place to purchase quality pieces at little cost. THRIFT STORES. Now I know that thrift shopping isn't for everyone. It can be a whole day event searching racks sometimes to find nothing. However, if your on a tight budget, like I am, the payoff is well worth it.

One great thing about thrift finds is that there usually relatively inexpensive. With the savings I have been able to take the garment to the tailor. For $20 I was able to purchase a brand new Mexx blazer (original tag still intact) AND get it tailored. Any student would be happy with that find. Thrift stores sometimes also offer discounts for students. My favourite thrift store offers students a 10% discount. Pretty awesome as the clothing is typically reasonable to start with.

Any other suggestions to where I can get reasonably priced business clothes? I also need to get some comfortable office appropriate shoes. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment