Translate

Friday 19 July 2013

Rental Insurance

Early this morning the fire alarm went off in my apartment building. I bolted out of a deep sleep and grabbed the most important thing in my life, my 9 and a half year old Chorkie named Chico. He was at the end of my bed shaking. The next thing I did was make sure my parents were awake. As I have mentioned before I still live at home.

My dad is older and has knee and back problems. I gave my dog to my mom and told her to start going down the stairs and that I would wait with dad. My dad, who was obviously in a state of confusion at this point.He kept wondering around the condo grabbing items. He needed his wallet and his truck keys. I told him the only thing that we needed to do at this point was to exit the building.

As soon as we got outside we found my mom and doggy. I asked my parents if we were insured. My mother said of course we are insured. She said insurance is the most expensive thing you will buy until you need it. As I sat on the curb at 4 am watching the fire trucks pull up. I started thinking about my blog. I started this blog to track my journey into becoming financially independent.

I want to move out of my parents house in a year. Rental insurance is just another thing I will have to add to my budget. I don't know the first thing about it. Where do I get it? What does it even cover? How much does it cost? It seems like I have lots to learn about living on my own.

Any other insurance that I should be buying? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment